Kawartha Therapy Services, Inc. is committed to the protection of your privacy and personal health information as per the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) for Ontario. We believe that our clients should know what Personal Health Information we collect, how we use it, how we protect it and how to contact us if you have questions about the handling of your personal health information.
Personal Health Information includes a client’s name, address, gender, age and health card number, or other personal identification numbers. Kawartha Therapy Services collects your personal health information for purposes of delivery of the services:
- Determining your needs and coordinating the services that can be provided to you
- Reviewing your needs and services on an ongoing basis
- Directly providing or indirectly referring you to health and related social services
- Monitoring the quality of service you are receiving
- Planning and evaluation of services
- Purposes permitted by law
In order for Kawartha Therapy Services to provide services, the Personal Health Information of clients will be shared with:
- Authorized Kawartha Therapy Services staff
- Healthcare professionals who may need to deliver health services or treatment
- Any other individuals as authorized by client
Kawartha Therapy Services clients have the right to:
- Access the information we have about you in your record
- Have information corrected in your record
- Change or withdraw consent to share your Personal Health Information
For any concerns about the content of this information, who may access the information or questions regarding access to your record, correction of information or if you have a privacy complaint, you may contact the Kawartha Therapy Services Privacy Officer at (705) 874-1072.
If you believe any of your privacy rights have been violated in any way and the Privacy Officer at Kawartha Therapy Services cannot resolve your concerns, you may contact the Ontario Information and Privacy Commissioner at (800) 387-0073.